wss message

Subject: Proposed resolution to issue 366, SwA profile extensible MIME header list

Proposed resolution to issue 366: SWA profile: Review MIME headers that are included in signature, make extensible[1]

Tony and I discussed this and agreed that we should close this issue with no action.

The rationale is that any attempt to make this list of headers extensible would open the specification to mis-interpretation and possible interop problems.
We propose that if additional headers need to be included in the future that the specification be updated.

I would like to note that an issue is that it is hard to specify general extensibility clearly, since not all Content* headers are appropriate (e.g. Content-Transfer-Encoding is not) since only headers appropriate to the application should be included, not those for MIME layer.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

[1] issues list: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/download.php/12309/wss-issues-64.html item 366

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200502/msg00054.html

Action Item: Frederick to follow up with Tony and draft a proposal and send to list.