wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] OTP and the "charter" discussion.

> So then as I understand it we would do an OPT profile
> framework that would mandate support for OATH HMAC OTP in
> order to guarantee we could do interopt testing.  Is that
> what you are proposing?

No, that is not what I propose.

I was thinking more along the lines that interop testing
requires implementation of a set of mechanisms defined --
the implementer would simply decide which scenarios to
participate in and then implement accordingly.

The size of the set of scenarios depends on the activities of
the working group.  Isn't this how WS-Security proper interop
is done?

My reaction to your statement was that you didn't recognize
that the framework we propose is not "only a framework for
proprietary mechanisms."

Hans