wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Action Item 2005-08-23-01: Kerberos Token Profile and RFC1510 vsRFC 4120

Why should 1.1 senders be required to send it as 1.0 endpoints may choke if they get it

Inactive hide details for ronald monzillo <Ronald.Monzillo@Sun.COM>ronald monzillo <Ronald.Monzillo@Sun.COM>

          ronald monzillo <Ronald.Monzillo@Sun.COM>

          10/03/2005 01:20 PM
          Please respond to
          Ronald.Monzillo

Martin Gudgin <mgudgin@microsoft.com>

cc

Ronald.Monzillo@Sun.COM, wss@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [wss] Action Item 2005-08-23-01: Kerberos Token Profile and RFC1510 vs RFC 4120

Martin Gudgin wrote On 10/03/05 08:17,:

> [...]

Gudge,

thanks for the clarification - I would prefer that the tokenType
attribute always be specified, but given that some receivers will not
see it even if it is sent, I accept that 1.0 implementations not be
required to send it.

If this is both a 1.0 and 1.1 profile, then it should spell out the
requirements in each context (of course it would be simpler to focus on 1.1)

e.g. 1.1 senders are required to set tokenType; 1.0 are not.

would you recommend that keyidentifier:valueType also be sent in either
context?

Since the uri values are just now being invented, is there an
opportunity to limit the use of these uri's to only within BST:ValueType?

Ron