wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] [VER 2] OASIS WSS TC Minutes 2005-10-19

Don pls update the attendance. I remember Jan on the call.
Paul please could you correct the minutes. Thanks

Cheers
Kelvin

Kelvin R. Lawrence
Distinguished Engineer & CTO, Emerging Internet Software Standards
Member of the IBM Academy of Technology
IBM Software Group. 11400 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758.
Office +1 (512) 838-0924   Mobile +1 (512) 699 1184   Fax: +1 (512) 838-0169  e-mail: klawrenc@us.ibm.com
SMS: http://www.cingular.com/sendamessage
BLOG: http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=730

"Paul Cotton" <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>

10/19/2005 05:53 PM

"Jan Alexander" <janalex@microsoft.com>, "Don Flinn" <flinn@alum.mit.edu>
cc
<wss@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject
RE: [wss] [VER 2] OASIS WSS TC Minutes 2005-10-19

I remember you on the call and that you asked for this change.  I simply
reported the roll call as provided to me by Don Flinn.

Don?

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com

clarifications

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/download.php/14858/OASI

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss/download.php/14951/wss-

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/14864/wss-v1.1-spec-dr
> aft-KerberosTokenProfile-01.pdf
> line 153-154 should be changed (<new text>:
>
> "When using this element, the @ValueType attribute MUST be specified
<and
> the @TokenType MUST be specified>.
>
> Tony N feels that this could break WSS 1.0 implementations.
>
> AI 2005-10-19-03 Ron to raise a new issue to cover his proposal to
make
> TokenType mandatory in the Kerberos Token Profile.
>
> Issue 439 - Move to Pending Review.
>
> Issue 443 - Move to Pending Review.
>
> Issue 445 - Move to Pending Review.
>
> c) Open
>
> Issue 338 - No change.
>
> Issue 429 - No objections to closing issue as per Gudge's email:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200510/msg00038.html
>
> Issue 431 -  Move to Pending (for Part 2).
> Part 1 - PKIPath is already done.  See:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200510/msg00029.html
> Part 2 - Proposal from Vijay:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200510/msg00043.html
> Adopted unanimously.
>
> Issue 435 - Duplicate of 431 (both parts).  See above.  Closed.
>
> Issue 440 - No objections to changes proposed in msg00061.  Move to
> Pending.
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200509/msg00047.html
> See proposal in:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200509/msg00061.html
>
> Issue 441 (Editorial) - Move to Pending Review.
>
> Issue 444 - Move to Pending.
> See Thomas's history in:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200510/msg00037.html
> The TC wants to ensure that the changes in [4] http://lists.oasis-
> open.org/archives/wss/200503/msg00025.html
> are reflected in a revised erratum document.  This subsumes the change
> adopted at the Oct 4 meeting.
>
> Issue 446 - Move to Pending.
> See Gudge's email:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200510/msg00044.html
> No objection to using Gudge's answers A1 and A4 to clarify the Core
> specification.
>
> AI 2005-10-19-01 Gudge to work with Tony to add Issue 446
clarifications
> to WSS 1.1 Core specification.
>
> Issue 447 - Move to Closed.
> Prateek Mishra's issue re 1.1 Interop:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200509/msg00035.html
> Gudge's reply:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200509/msg00039.html
>
> Prateek would like the Core spec to not be silent about the use of the
> wsse11:EncryptedHeader/xenc:EncryptedData/@Type attribute.
>
> Paul moved, Gudge seconded to resolve Issue 447 with no change to the
Core
> specification.
>
> Adopted unanimously.
>
> Prateek volunteered to check if there are other implementations that
> mandate the presence of the
> wsse11:EncryptedHeader/xenc:EncryptedData/@Type attribute.
>
> d) Closed
>
> Issue 334 - Frederick expressed concern if the necessary changes had
been
> made for this Issue.
> See line 501 to most recent Core specification http://www.oasis-
> open.org/committees/download.php/14865/wss-v1.1-spec-dr
> aft-SOAPMessageSecurity-01.pdf
>
> AI 2005-10-19-02 Frederick to review the resolution of Issue 334 and
> whether his proposed text was adopted and possibly not implemented.
>
> Issue 428 - Move to Pending.
>
> Thomas asked if the more recent email on Issue 428 was going to cause
it
> to be re-opened.  See the thread related to:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200510/msg00019.html
>
> Thomas's original proposal in August was never dealt with:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200508/msg00049.html
>
> The clarification proposal changes the following text in the Core
spec:

> "This optional attribute specifies an abstract URI for {where to find}
> security token. If a fragment is specified, then it indicates the
local ID
> of the [security] token being referenced. [The URI MUST identify a
> security token.  The URI MUST NOT identify a
wsse:SecurityTokenReference
> element, a wsse:Embedded element, a wsse:Reference element, or a
> wsse:KeyIdentifier element.]"
>
> Adopted unanimously.
>
> Editors to make above change (note it was based on an August version
of
> the Core spec).
>
> > 4. Public review status & outlook for 1.1 final phases
>
> Vijay and Gudge have been maintaining a running list of responses for
the
> public comments and will make this available when we have the final
> documents.
>
> Frederick asked about the legal text for the documents:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200510/msg00040.html
>
> AI 2005-10-19-04 Tony to determine correct legal notices text (Mary to
> provide this text) and then the other Editor's should adopt the same
text.

> All issues are in Pending or Pending Review (except for the two
actions
> items on Frederick and Ron).
>
> Chris Kaler expressed opinion that none of the changes would require
> another public review or more interop.    No objections to NOT having
> another public review.
>
> Gudge asked if we could get the URIs for the specs finalized.  Mary
stated
> that the TAB felt there were no current rules on the form of the
> URIs.   Each TC is permitted to decide the URI form they prefer to
use.

> Chris asked the TC if dropping the "2005/xx" in the URIs was
acceptable.
> No objections to the Editor's doing this for the next documents.
>
> Tony noted that the 1.0 URIs do not change.
>
> The Editors can get rid of the OASIS identifier in the URIs.
>
> AI 2005-10-19-04 Editors to finalize namespace, schema file and
document
> URIs in the next version of the documents provided to the TC.
>
> There was some reluctance to vote on the new documents before the next
TC