Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] IIB008Policy.xml is invalid

Anne,

I'm wondering if there are other invalid XML files.
For example, IIB009Policy.xml is invalid, too, for the same reason.

A sample parser is attached.
Please use this if your parser does not work well.

(See attached file: SimpleParseWithSchemaValidation.java)(See attached
file: MyErrorHandler.java)

Satoshi Hada
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
mailto:satoshih@jp.ibm.com

                      Anne Anderson
                      <Anne.Anderson@Su        To:       Satoshi Hada/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
                      n.com>                   cc:       xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
                      2002/11/25 23:27
                      Please respond to
                      Anne.Anderson

Satoshi Hada,

Thank you for reporting this error.  A corrected version of the
test case file IIB008Policy.xml is attached.

I do not know why our parser is failing to pick this up, but we
are looking at it.  We have attempted to validate all the test
cases, but apparently some errors are not being caught.  The
XACML TC is very grateful to implementors such as you who are
helping us catch these errors.

Anne Anderson

On 25 November, Satoshi Hada writes: [xacml-comment] IIB008Policy.xml is
invalid
 > From: Satoshi Hada <SATOSHIH@jp.ibm.com>
 > To: xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
 > Subject: [xacml-comment] IIB008Policy.xml is invalid
 > Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:02:48 +0900
 >
 > IIB008Policy.xml is invalid because <ActionAttributeDesignator> should
 > appear before <AttributeValue>.
 > All XML files in the testcases should be validated before the
publication.

 > INVALID:
 > <ActionMatch MatchId
 > ="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:regexp-string-match">
 >   <AttributeValue DataType
 > ="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string";>read|write</AttributeValue>
 >   <ActionAttributeDesignator AttributeId
 > ="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:action:action-id"
 >                               DataType
 > ="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
 > </ActionMatch>
 >
 > VALID:
 > <ActionMatch MatchId
 > ="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:regexp-string-match">
 >   <ActionAttributeDesignator AttributeId
 > ="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:action:action-id"
 >                               DataType
 > ="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
 >   <AttributeValue DataType
 > ="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string";>read|write</AttributeValue>
 > </ActionMatch>
 >
 > Satoshi Hada
 > IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
 > mailto:satoshih@jp.ibm.com

Sun Microsystems Laboratories
1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311     Tel: 781/442-0928
Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA  Fax: 781/442-1692

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Policy
      xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:policy"
      xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:policy

http://www.oasis-open.org/tc/xacml/1.0/cs-xacml-schema-policy-01.xsd";
      PolicyId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:conformance-test:IIB008:policy"
      RuleCombiningAlgId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:rule-combining-algorithm:deny-overrides">
    <Description>
        Policy for Conformance Test IIB008.
    </Description>
    <Target>
        <Subjects>
            <AnySubject/>
        </Subjects>
        <Resources>
            <AnyResource/>
        </Resources>
        <Actions>
            <AnyAction/>
        </Actions>
    </Target>
    <Rule
          RuleId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:conformance-test:IIB008:rule"
          Effect="Permit">
        <Description>
            Julius Hibbert can read or write Bart Simpson's medical record.
        </Description>
        <Target>
            <Subjects>
                <Subject>
                    <SubjectMatch
                          MatchId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:string-equal">
                        <SubjectAttributeDesignator
                              AttributeId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:subject-id"
                              DataType="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
                        <AttributeValue
                              DataType="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string";>Julius Hibbert</AttributeValue>
                    </SubjectMatch>
                </Subject>
            </Subjects>
            <Resources>
                <Resource>
                    <ResourceMatch
                          MatchId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:anyURI-equal">
                        <ResourceAttributeDesignator
                              AttributeId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:resource:resource-id"
                              DataType="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#anyURI"/>
                        <AttributeValue
                              DataType="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#anyURI
">http://medico.com/record/patient/BartSimpson</AttributeValue>
                    </ResourceMatch>
                </Resource>
            </Resources>
            <Actions>
                <Action>
                    <ActionMatch
                          MatchId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:regexp-string-match">
                        <ActionAttributeDesignator
                              AttributeId
="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:action:action-id"
                              DataType="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"/>
                        <AttributeValue
                              DataType="