Subject: RE: [xacml-comment] Benefits/limitations of SAML vs. XACML Contex t

Title: RE: [xacml-comment] Benefits/limitations of SAML vs. XACML Context

It is our intention to propose to the SSTC that SAML add a new Authorization Decision Request which integrates cleanly with XACML. It is my expectation that this request would include an XACML request context. Preliminary discussions have indicated that this is likely to be favorably received and included in SAML 2.0, which may be complete in the late spring to early summer timeframe.

In August of 2001, I successfully argued at the SSTC F2F that we would not know how to do this request properly until XACML was finished. Therefore I proposed we do something simple which would satisfy known, minimal requirements and fix it later. Later is now approaching.

Although this does not help you in the short term, I urge you to communicate your requirements and experiences to the SSTC so we get it right.

Hal