Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] IIC003 v IIC012 v IIC014 StatusCodes

On 12 December, Otari writes: [xacml-comment] IIC003 v IIC012 v IIC014 StatusCodes
 > In IIC003 the parser/processor encounters invalid content
 > type (bag) in the context of "string-equal" function.
 > The resulting status code is "processing-error".
 >
 > In IIC012 the parser/processor encounters invalid function
 > type (integer-subtract) in the context of Condition element.
 > The resulting status code is "processing-error".
 >
 > In IIC014 the parser/processor encounters invalid data
 > type (string) in the context of "integer-add" function.
 > The resulting status code is "syntax-error".
 >
 > Shouldn't the status code should be the same in these cases?
 > If parser checks for static type errors, the status code should
 > be ''syntax-error". If parser ignores them (ie, they are discovered
 > during evaluation), then the status code should be 'processing-error".

The StatusCode in IIC014Response.xml should indeed be
processing-error.  I have attached a corrected copy of
IIC014Response.xml.

The TC decided to label any type error,
whether static or dynamic, that is discovered at the time a
Request is being evaluated, as "processing-error".  The TC
decided to label any schema syntax violation that is discovered
at the time a Request is being evaluated, as a "syntax-error",
whether in the Request or in the Policy.

Anne
Sun Microsystems Laboratories
1 Network Drive,UBUR02-311     Tel: 781/442-0928
Burlington, MA 01803-0902 USA  Fax: 781/442-1692