Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] xpath-node-match and IIIG004Policy.xml

Hi,

I propose the following changes:
Basically, I'd like to remove the insufficient definition of
"the enhanced XPath expression" at all.

>>This function SHALL take two "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"
>>arguments, which SHALL be interpreted as XPath expressions and SHALL
>>return an "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#boolean".

No change.

>>This function SHALL first extend the first argument to match
>>an XML document in a hierarchical fashion.
>>If a is an XPath expression and it is specified as the first argument,
>>it SHALL be interpreted to mean match the set of nodes specified
>>by the enhanced XPath expression "a | a//* | a//@*".
>>In other words, the expression a SHALL match all elements and attributes
>>below the element specified by a.
>>This function SHALL evaluate to "True" if any XML node that matches
>>the enhanced XPath expression is equal according to "op:node-equal"
>>[XF Section 13.1.6] to any XML node from the node-set matched by
>>the second argument.

Replace this by the following:

This function SHALL evaluate to "True"
if either of the following two conditions is satisfied:
(1) Any XML node from the node-set matched
by the first argument is equal according to "op:node-equal" [XF Section
any XML node from the node-set matched by the second argument.
(2) Any attribute and element node below any XML node from the node-set
matched
by the first argument is equal according to "op:node-equal" [XF Section
any XML node from the node-set matched by the second argument.

NOTE1:
The first condition is equivalent to "xpath-node-equal", and guarantees
that "xpath-node-equal" is a special case of "xpath-node-match".

Satoshi Hada
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory
mailto:satoshih@jp.ibm.com

|         |           John Merrells    |
|         |           <merrells@jiffyso|
|         |           ftware.com>      |
|         |           2003/05/07 05:51 |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |       To:       XACML COMMENT <xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  Re: [xacml-comment] xpath-node-match and IIIG004Policy.xml                                               |
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |                                                                                                                          |

On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 10:35  PM, John Merrells wrote:

> The test uses the xpath expression '/' as the first argument for the
> xpath-node-match function. The function specification says to
> evaluate the enhanced xpath expression 'a|a//*|a//@*'. In this
> case 'a' is '/'... which gives us the xpath expression '/|///*|///@*'.
> Unfortunately neither '///*' nor '///@*' are valid xpath expressions.
> Interesting problem...