Subject: RE: [xacml-comment] FW: XACML: Access Control for Web Services

I do not have ready examples, but perhaps our members can supply some.

In both cases, you would want to reference the subjects indicated in the
certificate or assertion. In the case of X.509, you want to use the X.500
Distinguished name identifier:

urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:data-type:x500Name

In the case of SAML, although it is possible to map from a SAML subject to a
XACML subject, this is not as straightforward as we would like. The XACML TC
has made a proposal to the SAML TC to improve this situation in SAML 2.0, by
more closely aligning the formats.

Hal