Subject: Public Comment

Comment from: diegog@lagash.com

Hi,

I found something strange during the implementation of the Variables. I've found there is a new element in the schema called Expression which is a common element for every "parameter" of the Apply. The idea is great because it makes the schema very simple.
It means the Apply's inner elements can be any of the elements that can be treated as Expresions, where the Function elemet is also included.

On other hand, the VariableDefinition also define it's value as an Expression which also includes the Function element. So the following Xml is validated by the schema:

<VariableDefinition VariableId="variable">
	<Function FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:string-equal" />
</VariableDefinition>

The same happens with the Condition element, the following xml is also validated by the schema:

<Condition>
	<Function FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:string-equal" />
</Condition>

The questions are:
 - This is valid? I've not found the explanation in the document if there is a variable that can contain a function.
 - In the case of the Condition I think this is not valid, but I'll like to hear your thoughts on this.

Hope you have time to answer the questions,

Thanks in advance,
Diego Gonzalez
Lagash Systems SA