Subject: who should use XACML?

I am doing some research for a media firm in NYC and I have a simple question.

They need a solution for:

1. authorization of users of our CMS
2. general users of our public entertainment websites.  There are 300 or so of these and the rights policies can be complex.  The policies often specify restrictions based on geographic location of the subject and the resource.

Is XACML targeted at both of these scenarios?  Or is it only meant for inter-agency or inter-company rights interaction?

I find it hard to equate internal CMS access with public website access, they seem like very different animals to me.  So any views on that would help also.

Thanks.

Arc