Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] Version matching for a PolicySetIdReference

Hi Roland,

The specification says that "The version number is expressed as a
sequence of decimal numbers, each separated by a period (.). ‘d+’
represents a sequence of one or more decimal digits."

In other words it's not a lexicographical comparison and the total order
is defined.

0.000 is earlier than 0.01 because before the dot 0 equals 0 and after
the dot 0 is less than 1.

2.0 is after 1.0 because 2 is greater than 1 and 3.0 is after 2.0 since
3 is greater than 2.

Regards,
Erik