Subject: Rationale for 3.0 schema combining policy and context schemas insame file and namespace

Dear XACML TC,

I just started looking at XACML 3.0 draft specs and noticed that the
policy and context schemas have been combined into a single file name
xacml-core-v3-schema-wd-17.xsd.

FWIW, in my experience it is better to keep policy (information model)
and context (protocol) schemas in separate xsd files and namespaces. As
such I feel XACML 2.0 had it right and XACML 3.0 combining the two is a
step in the wrong direction.

I was curious what the rationale of the TC was to make this change and
would be grateful for some explanation. Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Farrukh

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com