Subject: Re: [xacml-comment] Inadequate identification of LDAP attributes

Hi David,

On 9/12/2010 5:36 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> Hi Steven
>
> you will be pleased to know that we use the OID naming convention to refer to our LDAP attributes in our
> XACML authorisation policies.

That is good to know. It makes it easier to ignore the XACML convention
and use the OID convention instead. The OID convention will most likely
provide better interworking even though it isn't the standardized convention.

 > It is the only convention that is guaranteed to work for every (correctly
> defined) LDAP attribute

Yes. It would be good if the XACML standard described this convention
so that implementors wouldn't have to independently reach the same
conclusion.

Regards,
Steven