Subject: RE: [xacml-comment] XACML standard

No I don’t want to report issues and wait for you to fix it before I can continue my work. XACML has made my life enough miserable already during this semester. I am unsubscribing from this email list. I just wanted you guys to know your standard is absolutely awful and I hope it dies soon.

Sagar

From: DANGERVILLE Cyril <cyril.dangerville@thalesgroup.com>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2017 11:52:54 AM
To: Sagar Limaye
Cc: xacml-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

I am sorry for your misfortune. However, it seems - and I’m wondering why - you did not ask for help or did not report any specific issue through the proper channels in a first place, did you? It would have saved you a lot of time and energy. Otherwise, it looks like non-constructive comments that we cannot do much with, and it is not helpful. In the case of AuthzForce, you can request for support as told on the README of each project:

·         AuthzForce Core à https://github.com/authzforce/core#support

·         AuthzForce Server à https://github.com/authzforce/server#support

We are unable to find any request/issue from you on any authzforce support channel at this point. If you did, please provide some reference and we’ll be glad to help J If you didn’t but you wish to, despite all, please provide specifics as mentioned in the Support section: software/version (Authzforce Core XXX? Authzforce Server YYY?), platform, etc. so that we can reproduce. This is valid especially for technical issues, like the Eclipse IDE one you mentioned. Just for the record, they are many possible causes for issues in Eclipse IDE, not necessarily related to the JARs (e.g. AuthzForce) you are trying to use, per se; such as bad IDE configuration (Java 8 support?), bad Maven configuration (connectivity to Maven Central?), bad Eclipse project configuration (is Java 8 enabled?), etc. We could help sort this out but only if you tell us about it through the proper channels I mentioned.

For documentation issues – AuthzForce Core or Server? -  yes, it could be improved, and you are welcome to give any feedback on that via AuthzForce mailing list, so that it helps us improve it.

Kind regards,

Cyril