Subject: RE: [xacml-dev] XACML 2

Hi Seth,

Interesting... Now I understand why there is no version in the Policy
element, but there is a Version in the PolicySet. I like the feature.

About the policy language version issue, or any versioning problem (i.e
policy.version != context.version), we can agree about a behavior in
this forum and notify the TC about it. It will be great because both
implementations will behave similar, in this out of scope issue for the
spec.

I was reviewing the spec yesterday and I found some additions: functions
(3) and datatypes (2). I'll send an email to the public list about some
inconsistences in the document, because the functions and data types
have different names in different parts of the document. :S
What do you think about functions that apply to any type <type>-equal,
<type>-greater-than, <type>-greater-than-or-equal, etc (section 7.5). In
the spec they, are preceded by "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:function",
it means the name of the funtions of the previous version are not valid
anymore? It means V2 policies can't have V1 functions? Is any typo error
in the spec, because the function list in 1.2.8 and the function
description in A.3 uses the names preceded by
"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function" ?

I also found that some resource attributes described in 1.1 are not
described in 2.0, what do you think about it, the old ones are not
supported?

I have not reviewed the complete spec, but I'll like to start discussing
about this issues.

Thank you,
Diego Gonzalez
Lagash Systems SA