Subject: RE: [xacml-dev] Policy editor? Gui?

Thanks for refering this policy editor. Now, maybe we could brainstorm
and come up with a list of features required from a policy editor.

I have this:
1. property editors for all standard XACML objects, such as Rules. i.e.
it should ease adding this elements to a policy. This is a standard
feature in all XML editors which can read XML schemas
2. XACML has other stuff like combining algorithms. XML schema is of
limited use here, because e.g. it only can say that there's a sequence
of sub-elements. Schema doesn't "know" that the Resource should have
required resource-id in the request context. Policy editor should know
this. So, property editors for combining algorithms must know how many
and what elements are in the particular algorithm.
3. glossary of standard urns, such as
"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:subject:role"
4. build a repostory of app specific values for attributes. Example, my
role can have 10 different values, such as "default", "admin" etc.
policy editor must be able to build app specifi vocabulary out of these
things. Especially, resource-id type of objects. I have a limited number
of them (such as "...:screen" and "...:account"), I'd like the editor
know them
5. support policy reference, i.e. if I click on a referenced policy, it
should open that policy

That's all for tonight