Subject: Re: [xacml-dev] questions on the SAML profile for XACML.

Hi Shawn,

Please look at the # SAML 2.0 profile of XACML v2.0 Errata:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15447/xacml-2.0-saml-errata-wd.zip

This describes how to actually extend SAML to use the new types.  The
new schemas do not define elements, but just types.  This is not yet
approved as a Committee Specification, but solved the problems of other
SAML profile users.  Please let us know if you find further changes that
are needed.

As to your question about a SOAP profile, there was no interest in doing
that from the members of the TC.  The SAML envelope provides the types
of envelope information that are helpful in doing signatures, and also
eases interoperability with other components that are using SAML.

Regards,
Anne Anderson

--
Anne H. Anderson               Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Labs          1-781-442-0928