Subject: Handling repetitions of Attribute Category/Id/Issuer/DataType in XACML Request

Hello,
I have issues understanding what a conformant PDP should do in the cases described below according to the XACML Core specification. Could you please tell me what is the expected behavior?

1) If a given <Request> contains multiple <Attributes> elements with the same Category value, and the PDP does not support the Multiple Decision Profile? (Is the PDP supposed to merge them? Or consider it "unsupported functionality" (§7.19.1) and therefore return "Indeterminate"? Or?)

2) If a given <Request> contains multiple <Attribute> elements with the same Category, AttributeId, DataType and Issuer (undefined or same value)? (Is the PDP supposed to merge the AttributeValues? Or consider it invalid syntax and therefore return "Indeterminate"? Or?)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Cyril