Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Case study Shibboleth for XACML

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 01:38, Muhammad Masoom Alam wrote:
> This case study is taken from the paper "First experiences using XACML for
> acess control in distributed systems"

For the unfamiliar, this is a paper I co-authored a year ago detailing
some very early experiences with XACML in real systems. It's available
in many places, including

  http://zuni.cs.vt.edu/publications/xml-security-xacml-experiences.pdf

> I came across an issue during the study of shibboleth (one case study from
> the above paper) and i wanted to ask from U people regarding this issue:

I could be wrong, but I think this has more to do with how Shibboleth
works than how XACML works. Shib defines its own exchange formats
(based, I expect, on SAML). If I'm missing something that has to do with
XACML, please let me know! Otherwise, I'd suggest taking this to one of
the Shib discussion lists