Subject: RE: [xacml-users] Reg. <ResourceContent>

In many systems I have dealt with subject attributes are accessible from
a directory protocol (as LDAP).  It would seem that they would be much
more suited to mapping to the name-value model of the notional context,
rather then presented as an XML document.

But renaming the ResourceContent to Content does seem appealing for
clarification of its purpose.  But as the request is a single document,
it does NOT seem appealing to have more then one root for path
expression.

We will need to revisit our mapping to Xpath/XQuery data model anyway
once those standards reach recommendation stage (we are currently
starting (second) last call comments phase on them)

Daniel;

-----Original Message-----
From: Muhammad Masoom Alam [mailto:Muhammad.alam@uibk.ac.at]
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 1:05 AM
To: Prakash Yamuna; Seth Proctor
Cc: Daniel Engovatov; xacml-users@lists.oasis-open.org

parkash,

your given example makes sence, since in a distributed workflows, the
subject (caller) is not already known  n it is not always possible to
extract the callers data from the database, so it will be really handy
if
caller(subject) attributes can be enclosed in the <subjectContent>
element
instead of their specification through some other means.

agreed ??
Muhammad.