Subject: RE: [xacml-users] XACML Resource Element

Actually XACML does support codeBase as an access subject type to support models of this type. Microsoft also has some access control based on the notion of "the code that called this."

Also note BEA WebLogic Platform 9.01 has an XACML engine embedded in it. We make it available under our authorization provider, which is part of out security framework, but it would be perfectly possible to access an XACML PDP under JSR 115 (JAAC).

That said, the committee is well aware of the fact that I personally think the Jave accessscontrol model is seriously wrongheaded.

Hal