Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Hierarchical resources policy and request file

Thanks Anne !

(http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/2.0/access_control-xacml-2.0-hier-profile-spec-os.pdf)

> >>the following should work:
> >>
> >>Let the Resource Attribute
> >>"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:resource-id" in
> >>the Request indicate the company to be read.  Let
> >>the Subject have a
> >>"urn:namespace:subject-company" Attribute that
> >>indicates that subject's
> >>"company" Attribute (the top-level company to
> which
> >>the subject
> >>belongs).  Assume the DataType of both Attributes
> is
> >>"xs:anyURI".
> >>
> >>The Context Handler must be written to have
> >>awareness of the company
> >>hierarchy.  In this case (here is the inelegant
> >>part), the hierarchy is
> >>going to be "upside-down", which works because
> >>multiple "parents" are
> >>allowed:
> >>
> >>1) if asked for AttributeId
> >>"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource-parent",
> the
> >>Context Handler
> >>needs to return a bag containing the company-id's
> of
> >>all companies that
> >>are direct subsidiaries of the requested resource
> >>
> >>2) if asked for
> >>"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource-ancestor",
> >>the
> >>Context Handler needs to return a bag containing
> the
> >>company-id's of all
> >>companies that are direct or indirect subsidiaries
> >>of the requested
> >>resource.
> >>
> >>3) if asked for

"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource-ancestor-or-self",

> >>the Context
> >>Handler needs to return a bag containing the
> >>company-id's of all
> >>companies that are direct or indirect subsidiaries
> >>of the requested
> >>resource as well as the resource-id in the
> Request.
> >>
> >>To specify 1) in a Rule,
> >>
> >><Rule RuleId="..." Effect="Permit">
> >>   <Condition>
> >>     <Apply

FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:anyURI-is-in">

> >>         <SubjectAttributeDesignator
> >>AttributeId="urn:namespace:subject-company"
> >>DataType="xs:anyURI" />
> >>         <ResourceAttributeDesignator

AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:resource:resource-id"

> >>DataType="xs:anyURI" />
> >>     </Apply>
> >>   </Condition>
> >></Rule>
> >>
> >>To specify 2) in a Rule,
> >>
> >><Rule RuleId="..." Effect="Permit">
> >><Condition>

FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:anyURI-is-in">

> >>         <SubjectAttributeDesignator
> >>AttributeId="urn:namespace:subject-company"
> >>DataType="xs:anyURI" />
> >>         <ResourceAttributeDesignator

AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource:resource-ancestor-or-self"

> >>DataType="xs:anyURI" />
> >>   </Apply>
> >></Condition>
> >>
> >>Regards,