Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Hierarchical resources policy and request file

Hi Seth,

I am using Sun's XACML 1.2 implementation.
I am coding the Context Handler, policy and request
files per Anne Anderson's suggestion below.

Can you please review the attached three files:

1).ResourceAttributeFinderModule.java
2).company_policy.xml
3).company_request.xml

It is not working for me.Keeps throing exception on
condition element.I tried it in various ways but still
doesn't work.

Thanks,
Dhirendra Sharma

(http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/2.0/access_control-xacml-2.0-hier-profile-spec-os.pdf)

> the following should work:
>
> Let the Resource Attribute
> "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:resource-id" in
> the Request indicate the company to be read.  Let
> the Subject have a
> "urn:namespace:subject-company" Attribute that
> indicates that subject's
> "company" Attribute (the top-level company to which
> the subject
> belongs).  Assume the DataType of both Attributes is
> "xs:anyURI".
>
> The Context Handler must be written to have
> awareness of the company
> hierarchy.  In this case (here is the inelegant
> part), the hierarchy is
> going to be "upside-down", which works because
> multiple "parents" are
> allowed:
>
> 1) if asked for AttributeId
> "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource-parent", the
> Context Handler
> needs to return a bag containing the company-id's of
> all companies that
> are direct subsidiaries of the requested resource
>
> 2) if asked for
> "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource-ancestor",
> the
> Context Handler needs to return a bag containing the
> company-id's of all
> companies that are direct or indirect subsidiaries
> of the requested
> resource.
>
> 3) if asked for

"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource-ancestor-or-self",
> the Context
> Handler needs to return a bag containing the
> company-id's of all
> companies that are direct or indirect subsidiaries
> of the requested
> resource as well as the resource-id in the Request.
>
> To specify 1) in a Rule,
>
> <Rule RuleId="..." Effect="Permit">
>    <Condition>
>      <Apply

FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:anyURI-is-in">
>          <SubjectAttributeDesignator
> AttributeId="urn:namespace:subject-company"
> DataType="xs:anyURI" />
>          <ResourceAttributeDesignator

AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:resource:resource-id"
> DataType="xs:anyURI" />
>      </Apply>
>    </Condition>
> </Rule>
>
> To specify 2) in a Rule,
>
> <Rule RuleId="..." Effect="Permit">
> <Condition>

FunctionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:anyURI-is-in">
>          <SubjectAttributeDesignator
> AttributeId="urn:namespace:subject-company"
> DataType="xs:anyURI" />
>          <ResourceAttributeDesignator

AttributeId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:resource:resource-ancestor-or-self"