Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Chronicle Attribute

On Fri, May 25, 2007 at 11:07:31AM -0700, Daniel Engovatov wrote:
> [...]
> It is a slippery slope.  Obligation is a black box.   Selecting some
> particular facet to standardize - be it "when", or "how", or "why" or
> who should sign off, or how many times to try, will not make obligations
> any more interoperable - and should not be part of a standard.  At the
> very least it should be very generic - folks may want some different
> time ontologies to be used in other applications.

I completely agree with Daniel on this. I've seen many ways people want to
use Obligations, and there are many similar one-offs that could be added.
The whole point of making Obligations a generic collection is that you can
can add what you need. For describing "when" you could easily just include
another attribute in the Obligations collection, and look for that before
you take any action.

seth