Subject: Re: [xacml-users] SubjectMatch?

hao chen schrieb:
> <SubjectMatch MatchId="rfc822Name-match">
>  <AttributeValue DataType="string">med.example.com</AttributeValue>
>  <SubjectAttributeDesignator AttributeId="subject-id"
>      DataType="rfc822Name"/>
> </SubjectMatch>

> I wonder why the datatype defined in attributeValue tag does not
> match the datatype defined in SubjectAttributeDesignator. I think
> logically, the 2 types should be matched/same.

The prototype of the rfc822Name-match function is:

boolean rfc822Name-match (string pattern, rfc822Name name)

This is because the pattern may either be an rfc822Name, or just a
domain name. The latter is not a valid value for the rfc822Name type,
therefore the pattern has to be of type string.

Roland