Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Validating XACML policies and requests against XSD

Hi Seth,

'Dangerous' mode is taken from your prior email:

> > to be valid, to enforce validation of all content, or,
> umm, live
> > dangerously :)

It means running PDP without validating requests and policies against XSD.

Here are some simple questions that might clarify my point of view and may narrow the gap in opinions:

1. Is XSD provided in XACML document a part of specification?

2. Is it a mandatory or optional part of specification?

3. If it's mandatory, but somebody runs your library in the 'dangerous' mode, is it compliant with the specification?

4. Can you formally define the set of policies and requests that your library, running in 'dangerous' mode, supports?

5. Are you sure (if you are - please explain why) that other PDPs running in the 'dangerous' mode will support the same set of requests and policies as SunXACML?

Actually, it would be good to hear TC's opinion in regards qs #1 & #2.