Subject: RE: [xacml-users] A challenging scenario for XACML

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 07:47 -0500, Tyson, Paul H wrote:
> Are the contracts already in XML, or are Contract document instances
> required for other uses?

No, actually I get to give recommendations for the whole attribute
model.

> If so, you could use XSLT to convert them to
> XACML policies so you have explicit rules like "D can see types 1,2,4
> from A", etc.
>
> Are you coding the XML contracts from natural language documents?  If
> so, why not code them directly into XACML policies?

I thought about this too (I just didn't want to make my mail even
longer), in general I agree this would be the cleanest solution.
However in my specific case, the organisations share a common policy
database (and PDP), so I would rather have the organisations handle
their contracts as attributes, instead of creating policies in a shared
policy database every time a new contract is made.

Thanks for your suggestions,

/Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD             |   Axiomatics AB
Training & Development        |   Electrum 223

This is a digitally signed message part