Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Storing policies in a policy Repository

Massimiliano,

I think, the body is not defined in either SAML or XACML-SAML specs. SAML spec
doesn't know anything about XACML. XACML-SAML profile says that XACMLPolicyStmt
can be used for storing a policy in a repo and provides syntax that is compliant
with SAML's <Statement>, which makes possible to pass a <xacml:Policy> in an
assertrion.

How a Policy is retrieved  from the SOAP message and stored in a repo is
implementation specific, I think.

I might be wrong, check with TC.

Oleg.

----- Original Message ----
From: "massimiliano.masi@gmail.com" <massimiliano.masi@gmail.com>
To: Oleg Gryb <oleg@gryb.info>
Cc: xacml-users@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Fri, July 30, 2010 8:21:58 AM

Hello,

Oleg, thank you for your answer. This is exactly my problem.
In order to create a valid soap message, I have to create a
soap header and a body, with a SOAP Action. I use the following:

SOAPAction "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security";
Header: as you suggested, SAML assertion containing the XACMLPolicyStmt
Body: ? What to put here? For now I am using a WS-Trust 1.3 RST/RSTRC,
because I didn't find any standard for that.

I saw in the email of Rich Levinson (thanks) about the new errata version,
and it is more clear, but my problem remains.

Thank you,

     Massimiliano

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Oleg Gryb <oleg_gryb@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Massimiliano,
>
> XACMLPolicyStatement extends SAML statement (or it's of
> saml:StatementAbstractType type to be exact), WSS prescribes to use something
> like that to embed an assertion:
>
> <wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
>    <wsse:Embedded wsu:Id="tok1">
>        <saml:Assertion xmlns:saml="...">
>        </saml:Assertion>
>    </wsse:Embedded>
> </wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
>
> SAML <Statement> is an internal element of <Assertion>. Since
> XACMLPolicyStatement is an extension of <Statement> it should work as well.
Why
> would you need to put anything to the SOAP Body?
>
> You can do something like that, I think:
>
> <wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
>    <wsse:Embedded wsu:Id="tok1">
>        <saml:Assertion xmlns:saml="...">
>                 <Statement xsi:type=ā€¯xacml-saml:XACMLPolicyStatementTypeā€¯>
>                     <xacml:Policy> ... </xacml:Policy>
>                 </Statement>
>        </saml:Assertion>
>    </wsse:Embedded>
> </wsse:SecurityTokenReference>
>
> (you'll need to define xsi and xacml-saml namespaces somewhere).

Massimiliano Masi

http://www.mascanc.net/~max