Subject: Re: [xacml-users] Implementing UNIX file system acl using xacml

I think the best solution to the problem is to improve XACML expression language. Isn’t possible add a function to this standard every time we are not able to express something like this case study. It would be usefull if is added in XACML a tag to define function directly in XACML. In this way I could apply defined function in xacml direcly in "high order bag function" like the all-of:

<Apply FunctionId=”urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:function:all-of”>
<Function FunctionId=”urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:function:fooFunction”/>
For example:

<functionDefine functionId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:2.0:function:fooFunction">
<inputType dataType="...." />
<Apply ....

</Apply>
</functionDefine>

In this way could be possible refer the function by functionId and the auth logic would be expressed all in the XACML.

Thank you and best regards.

Marco