Subject: RE: proposed XACML Domain Model + Scope

 > All members should make sure to review Gilbert's document
> prior to the call
> on Thursday.

RFC2904 defines, in addition to PEP and PDP:

Policy Information Point (PIP) - Provides information against which policy
conditions are evaluated

Policy Retrieval Point (PRP) - Retrieves policies from the Policy Repository
(and provides them to the PDP.)

Since we are considering XACML for provisioning, I thnk we need the PRP.

The PIP relates to the issues I was discussing previously about rich
policies and a closely coupled PEP and PDP. We should consider adding them
to the model.

Hal