Subject: [Rep]: RE: Bibliography

Thanks for pointing out the AAA grammar again Suresh. And sorry it dropped
though the cracks Krishna. Mishiharu could you add it to the list of related
stuff on the website?

Also, RFC 3060 is in the queue of things to add to the site. We are just
working out some mechanics regarding the update process with OASIS.

Anyone interested in starting a discussion about the AAA grammar doc before
or during use case development. It seems to me there are some theoretical
things we can hash through prior to completing use cases. I, for one, find
the proposed grammar quite problematic. It has a highly procedural, rather
than declarative nature. This will make it extremely difficult to check
policies for inconsistency and/or completeness. (Yes, yes, I know checking
for inconsistency and/or completeness is likely an NP problem in an
arbitrarily large set of policies over an arbitrarily large set of
resources, but I think we should come up with something that gives us a
reasonable shot at checking things.) This is not to say we couldn't write a
compiler that would produce procedural code like that proposed, but let's
not define the policies that way at a base level. And, of course, I am
assuming that one of our use cases would either rule out inconsistent policy
or require the ability to check for inconsistent policy.

On a more positive note, the AAA document does contain useful background
info.