Subject: Fwd: XML RBAC Policy for X.509 (contribution from David Chadwick)

Forwarding on David's behalf.

JeffH

Jeff

As part of an EC project that I working on at the university, we have
developed a DTD for an RBAC X.509 Policy. I attach the DTD and an
example XML policy that shows some of the features of it. We are also
developing a Java API for use by the AEF when calling the ADF, based
rougly on the OpenGroups AZN API. Our API will use the above policy to
direct it in its decision making.

I note that OASIS are currently working on XACML, but I also note that
only members can subscribe to their list. I also note that you are a
member, so I wonder if you might consider submitting our DTD to the
OASIS list for their comments.

David

David Chadwick, BSc PhD
Post: IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel: +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
*NEW* Mobile: +44 77 96 44 7184 *NEW*
Email: D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk
Home Page:  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Research Projects: http://sec.isi.salford.ac.uk