Subject: RE: procedural question

Title: RE: procedural question

I submitted one proposal - the SSTC standards with some modification but there seemed to be some discussion as a result. As far as voting on email, there is a process for this. I don't know if we have adopted a "standing rule" but either way, the chair needs to draft the resolution and organize the voting.

For the use cases specifically, as long as they are readable in Word, I think we can handle any formatting issues that come up.

(n). Conduct of TC Business by Mail.

A TC may adopt a standing rule authorizing its chair to draft resolutions pertaining to routine business directly related to the stated purpose of the TC and to conduct votes on such resolutions by mail. "Mail" as the term is applied to the conduct of TCs shall be construed to mean electronic mail.

A TC may, by the approval of 2/3 of the members voting in a meeting, allow the chair between that meeting and the next to draft resolutions pertaining to specified subjects, to propose such draft resolutions to the members of the TC for discussion by mail, to entertain friendly amendments to such draft resolutions and make such changes as shall seem most likely to gain general assent of the members of the TC, to put such resolutions as seem to have gained majority assent to the members of the TC for a vote by mail, and to conduct votes on such resolutions by mail.

The period allowed for voting by mail shall be five days, unless the TC specifies a different voting period in the resolution authorizing the vote or in standing rules governing mail ballots.

Ken Yagen
Director, Software Development
CrossLogix, Inc
www.crosslogix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: bill parducci [mailto:bill@parducci.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 9:33 AM
To: xacml
Subject: procedural question

i would like to get the document standard issue put to rest. does anyone
have a suggestion as to how best do this? now that we are drifting
towards use of robert's rules of order is there a specific format that
should be used?

my thoughts are that we open the list for discussion until sometime next
week (tuesday?) and then setup a vote to decide. i think that this will
make life easier on those members who are trying to shape up the use
case documents.