Subject: [xacml] Model issues for discussion on Monday 3rd Dec.

Title: Model issues for discussion on Monday 3rd Dec.

Colleagues - I have gleaned the following six issues from the mail list.  I suggest we devote approximately twenty minutes to each of these topics during our telecon on Monday.  If you want to add to the list of topics for discussion, why don't you mail suggestions to the list.  I will attempt to incorporate them and reissue the list just prior to the telecon.  If you feel you have already raised an important issue on the list, but you don't see it in the list below, why don't you just mail me, and I will add it to the list when I update it.  All the best.  Tim.

For all of the following issues reference v0.7 of the draft - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200111/msg00039.html.

1. How should policy be bound to a saml authorization request?
Ref: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200111/msg00059.html item 2, and v0.7, Section 3.2.11.

2. What post-conditions must be executed?
Ref: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200111/msg00054.html and response from Hal, Michiharu, John and Tim.

3. Do actions have attributes?
Ref: v0.7, Section 3.2.5 and http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200111/msg00045.html

4. Should we address hierarchy in the model or just in the language?
Ref: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200111/msg00043.html

5. Do we need a separate box to represent "group" in the model?

6. How will the language combine rules?
Ref: v0.7 line 395 and http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200111/msg00052.html

Tim Moses
Tel: 613.270.3183