Subject: [xacml] [Model] Re: Composition Use Case

On 17 December, Polar Humenn writes: Re: [xacml] [Model] Re: Composition Use Case
 > > I don't think the language syntax itself can handle the matching
 > > rules for real-world sets of attributes.  I think the language
 > > must have a way of pointing to executables for handling the
 > > matching.
 >
 > And what assurance do you have that the executable does the right thing?

The pointer to the executable should be supplied by the policy
issuer, as a reflection of the issuer's intent.  The policy
itself, which contains the pointer, must be signed.  The
executable can be signed (either by the policy issuer or by a
delegate), or the signed policy that contains the pointer could
contain a hash of the executable.  There are certainly other
ways.