Subject: Re: [xacml] patent

As I recollect, OASIS requested us to evaluate whether any XACML
specification might fall in the scope of patents held by others.
I quote from a Dec 13th addition to announcements regarding Xerox's
XrML:
(http://xml.coverpages.org/xrml.html) :
"ContentGuard's strategy appears to be to make money by licensing the
technology -- whatever some outside body defines it to be. It can do
this because its patents cover the idea of a rights language in general, no
matter what the specifics of the language are".

I know XrML  has already been mentioned in our discussions from the
technical point of view, but the wording of this announcements makes me
suspect that we should explore the matter further from the patents'
point of view.
Rgds
Ernesto

Prof. Ernesto Damiani
Dipartimento di Tecnologie dell'Informazione
Universita' di Milano - Polo di Crema
Via Bramante 65
26013 Crema, Italia
tel +39-0373-898240