Subject: RE: [xacml] on postconditions

Title: RE: [xacml] on postconditions
I clearly remember that the sense of the group was that the PDP MUST insure that an internal post condition occurs, but not necessarily before the permit decision is returned. Post conditions were never considered optional. They are just as required for "permit" as pre-conditions are. That was the rationale for the name.

Hal
-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Godik [mailto:sgodik@crosslogix.com]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 2:33 PM
To: 'John Erickson'; xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

John,

The way I remember post-conditions discussions is that outcome of
internal postcondition does not affect the outcome of azn decision,
ie, first grant (or deny) is computed and then internal post-condition
is executed. If, for example, pdp fails to add a record
to the log it still returns computed outcome (grant or deny) to the pep.

So the internal post-condition may not be successfully executed by the pdp.

Simon