Subject: Re: [xacml] [model] Proposal of Post Condition

> Do you think that the term "post-condition" is not the right word?
> If so, what do you think the best term for the notion of this kind?

for me, one of the problems with the term 'post-condition' is that it
technically refers to the *state* of something after an event, not
something that must be done (as is the case with the term
'pre-condition'). this can become confusing when working in other
contexts (like UML: "Postconditions - Describe the state of the system,
and perhaps the actors, after the use case is complete...")

for starters, how about these?

stipulation
provision
proviso
constraint
obligation

caveat
directive
regulation

i am sure we can come with a number of alternative terms that will work.
personally, i like 'obligation', because in this model this is really
what you have: the PEP has an obligation to enforce the rulings of the
PDP (i.e. GRANT) under the terms defined by the PDP (e.g. 'delete after
30 days') -- if it cannot it must DENY.

does that make sense?