Subject: [xacml] Meta-Policies

Carlisle,

I'm having a hard time reasoning about the Meta-Policies with respect to
combination. Are you really trying to define an administrative interface
for the PDP?

I am starting to think it does no good (for now) to start thinking about
Meta-Policies.  Too, confusing. The PDP administrative interface (which
doesn't exist) is itself a meta-policy.

I think you essentially want a complete language that takes "policies" as
arguments and performs an evaluation, a higher order policy engine
specification.

However, if we put that into the XACML language, then don't meta-policies
become policies themselves? What do we go about combining Meta-Policies?
How are you going to write that one policy is favored over another, say by
Issuer? You are going to have to have a whole other language dealing with
Policies (i.e. conditions, etc.)

It is probably better to leave that to the PDP implementation and
administrative interface for now on combining our "applicable" policies.

Confused,
-Polar