Subject: RE: [xacml] Vote for XACML F2F Date, Location, and Duration...

Title: RE: [xacml] Vote for XACML F2F Date, Location, and Duration...

Hi all,

It's Monday morning, the votes are in, and here are the results...

Firstly, we can trim down the choices somewhat:
 - nobody seems to want to meet in San Francisco on the Saturday morning (it received no votes, although Bill indicated that it would be as acceptable to him as any of the other 2.5-day options), so the SF slot is W(pm)TF

 - those voting for Milan either indicated no preference in days or chose (b) (the only exception was Simon, who chose (a), but I'm assuming he would not be opposed to (b)), so the Milan slot is MTW(am)

Actual votes:
 - Milan:  Anne, Ernesto, Michiharu, Pierangela, Bill, Don, Polar, Simon  (8)
 - SF:  Anne, Ken, Michiharu, Bill  (4)

Extra information:
 - I just spoke with Hal on the phone and he indicated that he could probably attend either location, though he had a slight preference for California (he was on vacation all last week and so was not able to cast a vote in time)

 - Tim indicated to me that Entrust would send one person to Milan but could conceivably send two to SF
 - I assume that Don, Polar, and Simon (who all voted for Milan) could also go to SF if the meeting was there

Totals:
 - with the extra information above, we have the following numbers
    - Milan:  Anne, Ernesto, Michiharu, Pierangela, Bill, Don, Polar, Simon, [Hal, 1-from-Entrust]  (total = 10)
    - SF:  Anne, Ken, Michiharu, Bill, [Hal, Don, Polar, Simon, Carlisle, Tim]  (total = 10)

Conclusion:
 - potentially 10 people at either location, which would be quorum
 - actual votes cast favoured Milan, and I did say that the most votes would win
 - therefore, Milan is the winner!

Next F2F date, location, and duration:
 - {Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday morning}, April 22-24, 2002, University of Milan, Italy.

Thanks to everyone for your participation!

Carlisle.

P.S., If anyone has serious objections my reasoning above, get them out now because those wanting 21-day advance bookings for cheaper fares will probably need to book today...