Subject: [xacml] Agenda for today's call...

Title: Agenda for today's call...

Hi all,

In addition to the proposed agenda that I forwarded from Ernesto, I would like to propose an item.  Tim has asked for some time to discuss the topic of attribute specification in <obligation> elements.  A couple of background messages are included below; if at all possible, please be prepared to discuss this topic in today's call.

Thanks,

Carlisle.

<<[xacml] Attribute specification (PM-1-04)>> <<RE: [xacml] Agenda for Policy Model Subcommittee concall (Mon Mar ch 25)>>

--- Begin Message ---
Title: Attribute specification (PM-1-04)

Colleagues - Attached is a description of an approach for specifying attributes in predicates.  I think this would be a good topic for discussion in our teleconference on Monday.  Have a great weekend.  All the best.  Tim.

Tim Moses
Tel: 613.270.3183

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Title: RE: [xacml] Agenda for Policy Model Subcommittee concall (Mon March 25)

Colleagues - If there is time available, I would like to discuss the form that attributes  should take in <xacml:target> and <xacml:condition> elements.

Some attribute names are internally hierarchical (URIs, LDAP DNs, file-system paths).  These can be expressed as a single <saml:Attribute> element.  Do these cover all the cases we need to address?  Do we want to allow other data models (e.g. relational)?  What about hierarchical data models that don't follow one of the common hierarchical name formats?  Should we allow these to be expressed using a list of attribute name/value pairs?

How should we distinguish between attributes of subjects and resources when they have the same name?  Should we forbid this situation?

All the best.  Tim.

Tim Moses