Subject: RE: [xacml] Re: [batch #2] counter propoposal to 3-04

Title: RE: [xacml] Re: [batch #2] counter propoposal to 3-04

The fact that it is pseudocode not executable code means that we should not require it be possible to throw it in a JVM and compile it. I believe the proposal was just to provide a standard syntax that most people are familiar with explain the algorithms. You don't need a syntax to write pseudocode, but since this is a collaborative process, it is beneficial to be consistent.

Ken Yagen
Director, Software Development
CrossLogix, Inc
www.crosslogix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: bill parducci [mailto:bill@parducci.net]
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 6:16 AM
To: xacml
Subject: [xacml] Re: [batch #2] counter propoposal to 3-04

...provided you have a jvm handy (which by doing this we just offically
made a requirement... or at least a very strong suggestion).

my feeling is that this being *psuedo code* it is only going to provide
the logical construct for policy combination which will then be
translated into the the internals of the PDP (be it java, c, c++, perl,
python, c#, vb, etc.)