Subject: Re: [xacml] proposed amendment to Polar's resolution of PM-2-05

Bill, could you explain your problem?  Sometimes a PEP does not want to
expose to the PDP all possible attribute values, but only those really
needed.  By having the PDP supply a list of those attributes required
for a decision, the PEP can send only those.  In fact, the PDP could
return a structured set of attributes: "I could return a decision if
you supply A, B, and C OR D and E."

Another case is to support the Java Policy "getPermissions" API.  In
this case, the PEP supplies a partial list of attributes, and gets back
a list of Permissions (resource/action pairs) that remain as the only
unknown attributes after substituting the supplied attributes into all
the Permit rules.  So far, Java Security developers have not indicated
any requirements for implementing this API, but it is a potential case.

Anne