Subject: Re: [xacml] Observation on "context"

On 30 May, Tim Moses writes: [xacml] Observation on "context"
 > For instance, we could define a name tree that includes:
 >
 >      xacml/context/input/principal/codeSigner/name
 >
 > to indicate the name of the code-signer principal in the input context.
 > This idea doesn't conflict with the excellent idea of a "context".  It
 > merely gets away from thinking of it as an XML document.  You could think of
 > it as equivalent to an XML document in which attributes are not allowed, if
 > you like.

I think the problem here is that XACML would need to define a
"standard" set of names like "codeSigner", "requestingUser",
"executingMachine", "delegatingUser", etc.

By using an XML attribute, XACML can define a default
"requestingUser" value, and let others be URLs that specific user
communities define.