Subject: [xacml] Standardized PRP request format?

Hi,

I was wondering whether the policy request interface between
the PDP and the PDP would not benefit from a standardized
interface. Looking at the data flow model on p. 15 of the v13
draft, I noticed that the return value from the PRP has a
standard format (viz. XACML policyStatement) but the request
hasn't.

I would have thought that interoperability using this interface
would probably be one of the main selling points of XACML
for PEP/PDP vendors ("mechanism vendors") and PRP/PAP
vendors ("policy tool vendors").

I had a brief discussion about this issue with Don and
Konstantin the other day but would like to collect more
opinions from the list (now that I finally can post to it :-)
Thanks, Carlisle, for sorting out the mailing-list problems)

Best regards, Gerald.
--
Dr. Gerald Brose, Software Architect    mailto:brose@xtradyne.com
Xtradyne Technologies                     http://www.xtradyne.com