Subject: [xacml] Re: Observation on J2SE context proposal

On 3 June, Michiharu Kudoh writes: Observation on J2SE context proposal
 > I would suggest more aggressive
 > generalization like we don't even distinguish the name identifier from
 > other attributes. For example, a current context fragment of
 > j2se:RequestingUser is:
 >
 > <xacml:SimplePrincipal PrincipalType="j2se:RequestingUser">
 >   <xacml:NameIdentifier Format="itu:X500DistinguishedName">
 >     "cn=Anne,ou=SunLabs,o=Sun,c=US"
 >   </xacml:NameIdentifier>
 > </xacml:simplePrincipal>
 >
 > It is transformed to:
 >
 > <xacml:SimplePrincipal PrincipalType="j2se:RequestingUser">
 >   <xacml:Attribute AttributeName="NameIdentifier" Format
 > ="itu:X500DistinguishedName">
 >     "Zoe@Sun.COM"
 >   </xacml:Attribute>
 > </xacml:simplePrincipal>
 >
 > Now, the name identifier becomes a usual attribute.

I think the NameIdentifier needs to be a special attribute
because each Principal must have exactly one.  Other attributes
are all optional, and multiple instances do not cause problems.

The NameIdentifier could become an xml attribute of the Principal
element, but we would then have to deal with Format, ds:KeyInfo,
etc.