Subject: Re: [xacml] Fundamental concepts in XACML

Ann wrote:

> -Describing access request in terms of:
>     Subject -> Action -> Resource/Object
> -Request including attributes of Subject and Resource/Object
> -Policy based on attributes of Subject and Resource/Object
>  o Attribute-based rules
>  o Identity-based rules
> -Rule based access control
> -Access control language
> -Boolean operations on access rules
> -Obligations as part of rules
>
> Any others?  Any refinements to this list?

JSE: I think this is excellent --- I'll give it some thought (both the list, and
sources that fit)

> John Erickson, in e-mail to the Rights Language TC, listed some
> early references to work on policies attached to resources.  We
> can make use of his list for some items, I'm sure.
>  http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/rights/200206/msg00029.html

JSE: Re the Perritt paper, the original (1993) version as submitted appears at:

http://www.ifla.org/documents/infopol/copyright/perh2.txt

The proceedings version appears at:

http://www.cni.org/docs/ima.ip-workshop/Perritt.html

which is ostensibly the same thing but dropped the full version of the title
(which I liked...)

A source for the Park/Sandhu/et.al. taxonomy paper (George Mason Univ) may be
found at:

http://www.computer.org/proceedings/acsac/0859/08590224abs.htm

Another good paper by the GMU team, building on the idea of originator
control/usage control as a superset of DRM is at:

http://www.list.gmu.edu/confrnc/sac/sac02-abs-orcon.html