Subject: [xacml] KeyInfo, Target computation, Target specification

Here are several changes that I recommend making to the schemas
and specification:

1. Schema Request/Subject/KeyInfo currently specified as

   <xs:complexType name="SubjectType">
       <xs:sequence>
           <xs:choice>
               <xs:element name="SubjectId"
                    type="xacmlContext:SubjectIdType" minOccurs="0"/>
               <xs:element ref="ds:KeyInfo"/>

   Since either is allowed, and since either one is optional,
   KeyInfo should have minOccurs="0" as follows:

   <xs:complexType name="SubjectType">
       <xs:sequence>
           <xs:choice>
               <xs:element name="SubjectId"
                    type="xacmlContext:SubjectIdType" minOccurs="0"/>
               <xs:element ref="ds:KeyInfo" minOccurs="0"/>

2. Specification Section 4.2.2.1 Target

   Specify that dynamic construction of "target" from component
   rules, policies, or policy sets is not mandatory-to-implement.

   I think the model should be that the XACML PDP engine is
   presented with a PolicySetStatement or PolicyStatement, and
   that statement has a Target.  The engine evaluates the Request
   against that Target.

   How the PolicySetStatement or PolicyStatement is constructed
   prior to being presented to the XACML PDP engine is completely
   implementation-dependent.  We could proceed to indicate that
   two possible implementations are ... and ..., but this is
   outside the scope of the XACML specification.

3. Schema Core/Rule/Target

   Currently specified as

   <xs:element name="Target" type="xacml:TargetType"
                minOccurs="0"/>

   Now that "any" Target is specified using explicit
   "anySubject", "anyResource", "anyAction", this should be

   <xs:element name="Target" type="xacml:TargetType"/>

Anne Anderson