Subject: RE: [xacml] Operator mapping from XPath 2.0 Draft

Title: RE: [xacml] Operator mapping from XPath 2.0 Draft

How do you propose to map type "numeric"?

In general, I am rather concerned that no clear type compatibility/conversion
rules are defined. It is not just hard to write an implementation, even with an
unlimited supply of summer interns avaialable, it is unsafe  - different
implementation are bound to  interpret it just different enough to cause a lot
of problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michiharu Kudoh [mailto:KUDO@jp.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 7:16 AM
To: XACML TC
Subject: [xacml] Operator mapping from XPath 2.0 Draft

I extracted type promotion and operator mapping from XPath 2.0 Draft 19
April 2002 Appendix B and created a PDF file. I removed operator
definitions relevant to duration and node. I left description "(missing)"
because the corresponding operator definition is useful for us (e.g. date
eq date).

(See attached file: Operator.pdf)

Michiharu

IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory, Internet Technology
Tel. +81 (46) 215-4642   Fax +81 (46) 273-7428